Financial Independence Tracker
Simple post today. I just wanted to share the Financial Independence Tracker my wife and I have been using since starting on this journey at the beginning of the year. We generally use Personal Capital to track the value of our accounts, but we’ve been using this to see how we’re doing on our path to FI.
Thought it might be useful for everyone following along at home. It’s fairly simple to use.
- Enter a few high-level assumptions for your the assumed SWR, return on investments, and whether you’ll be downsizing your house.
- Record your income and expenses every month.
- Record your account balances every month for both assets and liabilities.
- Tracker outputs a chart showing
- Your target investable assets based on your spending
- Your current investable assets
- The number of years till your projected Financial Independence date
* Updated to include a new assumption around the mortgage on your primary residence